30 April 2015
Dear Mums, Dads & Carers,
You may remember indicating that you might be able to join us as a volunteer reader.
If this is still the case, giving your time can help give our children many different reading opportunities such as;
• sharing and enjoying books together
• developing early independent reading skills
• talking about books they like and so developing comprehension skills
• practising using their phonics knowledge in different types of books
• building confidence, speed and fluency
• developing higher level comprehension skills and strategies
We will be holding a ‘Find out more’ meeting where we can give you lots more information, answer questions and get started. Please invite along any other parent/carers who you think may be interested.
Wednesday 20th May 2:30-3:15 Lower hall
Mrs J Macnamara (Inclusion Manager)
Mrs Chung (English Co-ordinator)