MARVELS LANE PE SPORTS PREMIUM GRANT 2020 – 2021
Each year the government is providing all primary schools with a grant to improve Physical Education and Sport within schools.
Marvels Lane has been allocated £19,053 for this year.
What follows is a summary of what we want to achieve with PE at Marvels Lane and how we are spending the money, subject to Covid-19 restrictions.
a. To improve the quality of what we are teaching at the moment
- Purchase and implement a new PE curriculum across the school
- Provide training for teachers to deliver the new curriculum / scheme of work
- Continue to employ a PE expert to deliver lessons within the new curriculum
Prioritise the knowledge and skills which ‘must’ be taught within each sport to ensure coverage and progression across year groups.
- Audit PE equipment – replace or enhance where necessary
b. To ensure children receive a wide range of physical exercise across the school
- Continue dance provision – every class receiving half term tuition from Laban
Trained dance teacher
- Provide regular activity to promote physical and mental well-being through regular 5 minutes physical activity within the class (5-a-day channel) or 3x per week outside the class (Daily Mile)
- Improve provision of playground games
- Further increase the number of after school clubs that require physical exercise
c. To significantly increase the participation in competitive sport, both in terms of number and variety of events and number of children participating – through Collaborative as well as other school / sports partnerships
d. To increase the percentage of children who are able to swim more than 10 metres and more than 25 metres by the end of KS2.
We will do this by:
- Continuing current provision (e.g. Dance Teacher, Sports Expert, clubs)
- Providing additional subject leader time to PE subject leader to lead and drive subject and action plan across the school.
- Purchasing equipment to support new interventions/clubs
- Providing additional cover to teachers/TAs to enable children to attend competitions during the school day.
Providing children in Year 5 with a longer span of time to learn swimming
- Pay for additional clubs
The cost of the above is covered by the PE Sports Grant of £19,340 and additional funds from the school’s general budget.
Visit the yourschoolgames website here.