PE & SPORTS GRANT
2018 – 2019
Each year the government is providing all primary schools with a grant to improve Physical Education and Sport within schools.
Marvels Lane has been allocated £19,340 for this year. This is twice as much as we have received in previous years.
What follows is a summary of what we want to achieve with PE at Marvels Lane and how we are spending the money.
- To improve the quality of what we are teaching at the moment
• Continue to implement the new PE curriculum
• Provide training for teachers to deliver the new curriculum / scheme of work
• Continue to employ a PE expert to deliver lessons within the new curriculum
• Audit PE equipment – replace or enhance where necessary
- To ensure children receive a wide range of physical exercise across the school
• Continue dance provision – every class receiving half term tuition from Laban trained dance teacher
• Provide regular activity to promote physical and mental well-being through
regular 5 minutes physical activity within class (daily 5-a-day channel)
• Improve provision of playground games
• Further increase the number of after school clubs that require physical exercise
- To significantly increase the participation in competitive sport, both in terms of number and variety of events and number of children participating – through Collaborative as well as other school / sports partnerships
We will do this by:
• Continuing current provision (e.g. Dance Teacher, Sports Expert, clubs)
• Provide additional subject leader time to PE subject leader to lead and drive subject and action plan across the school.
• Purchase equipment to support new interventions/clubs
• Provide additional cover to teachers/TAs to enable children to attend competitions during the school day.
• Pay for additional clubs
The cost of the above is covered by the PE Sports Grant of £19,340 and additional funds from the school’s general budget.
Visit the yourschoolgames website here.