PE & SPORTS GRANT
Each year the government is providing all primary schools with a grant to improve Physical Education and Sport within schools.
Marvels Lane has been allocated £9681 for this year
What follows is a summary of what we want to achieve with PE at Marvels Lane and how we are spending the money.
1. To improve the quality of what we are teaching at the moment
• Review, update and improve the PE curriculum
• Provide training for teachers to deliver the new curriculum / scheme of work
• Continue to employ a PE expert to deliver lessons within the new curriculum
• Audit PE equipment – replace or enhance where necessary
2. To ensure children receive a wide range of physical exercise across the school
• Continue dance provision – every class receiving half term tuition from Laban trained dance teacher
• Provide regular activity to promote physical and mental well-being through
– Regular 5 minutes physical activity within class (daily 5-a-day channel)
• Improve provision of playground games
• Further increase the number of after school clubs that require physical exercise
– Football – Advanced (Mon), Yr2 (Tues), Yr4 & 5 (Fri)
– Netball Y4,5,6 (Tues)
– Dance (Wed), Gymnastics (Wed), Ballet (Thurs), Street Dance (Thurs)
3. To significantly increase the participation in competitive sport, both in terms of number and variety of events and number of children participating – through Collaborative as well as other school / sports partnerships
We will do this by:
• Continuing current provision (e.g. Dance Teacher, Sports Expert, clubs)
• Provide additional subject leader time to PE subject leader to lead and drive subject and action plan across the school.
• Purchase equipment to support new interventions/clubs
• Purchase new Schemes of Work to improve PE curriculum
• Provide additional cover to teachers/TAs to enable children to attend competitions during the school day.
• Pay for additional clubs
The cost of the above is covered by the PE Sports Grant of £9,681 and additional funds from the school’s general budget.