We have chosen Google Classroom as as our Remote Learning platform.
Google Classroom allows us to:
- set up learning in a safe, online environment
- provide your child with an individual login
- set learning for the class or groups within the class
- look at pupils’ learning
- respond with comments and suggestions
- save all work in the online classroom
Google Classroom allows you and your child to:
- see the learning set by your teacher
- download learning or work online
- upload learning in different forms (e.g. photos) for the teacher to look at
- ask questions and make learning comments to their teacher
- access only your child’s learning and comments
- upload videos created by the teacher
- use Google Meet (or Zoom) for livestreaming
- use other apps linked to Google Classroom to enhance your child’s learning
How to login to Google Classroom:
How to access learning and hand in completed learning:
Joining a Google Meet session.
Please remember online safety during this time.
- Your child should not share his or her login details with anyone other than yourself.
- Your child may only use Google Classroom for school purposes.
- Your child must message the teacher in the same way they would talk to their teacher in school.
- When external sites are recommended, we will make sure that they are age-appropriate but some may contain advertising.
- When we use Google Meet or Zoom, the school will record and hold the video for safeguarding purposes. Your child must not record or screenshot these meetings.
- We recommend that you know when your child is online.
- We advise that you talk to your child about what they are doing online, both for school and for entertainment.
- If your child is unhappy with anything within Google Classroom, please email their teacher using the class email address.
Click here for more information: http://www.marvelslane.lewisham.sch.uk/online-safety/
If you have any questions or need additional support, please email the school office on firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our upmost to direct your question to the best person to help.